Road Trip to Remember!
If you are a motorsport fan, what would you say are the most famous races in
the world – Indy 500? Monaco GP? Those 2 have to be on the list while you
can never discount Le Mans 24hr race! It’s been 15 years since I was last at
what is undoubtedly one of the greatest races on earth and I was filled with
excitement leaving Porsche HQ in a Panamera, bound for France.
And the trip certainly didn’t disappoint. It’s difficult to sum up 24 hours
in 1 short blog and I’m feeling a little weary (3 and a half hours sleep in
43 hours is good for no-one) so I thought I would list the highs and lows
(incidentally the highs far outweighed the lows!!)
1. Having a ‘spritz’ (white wine and soda) with my friend Babs when the
fatigue was kicking in and we needed a surge of energy.
2. Watching the cars race down the Mulsanne Straight at 3 o’clock in
the morning (what a sight and a sound!!)
3. Enjoying the Porsche hospitality (especially the home made
4. Interviewing Hollywood star of Grey’s Anatomy fame Patrick Dempsey.
5. Witnessing 24 hours of what was a thrilling race (well apart from
the 3 hours I did sleep in the back of the Panamera!) and feeling gutted
when Porsche #20 car slowed down with an hour and 40 minutes to go and was
forced to retire after being on course for a potential win or podium finish.
6. Enjoying the company of my road trip buddies Nick and Joanna – we
did a lot of laughing!!!
7. Trying to get out of Le Mans after the race (along with 250,000
Still all I can say is, roll on 2015 for another weekend to remember!!